spencecb
Mar 4, 05:36 PM
I started doing it because I have my iMac on all the time...actually, I started folding on my PowerBook G4 running at 667 MHz...not a lot of productivity, but it helped.
I'm excited to get my MacBook Pro (probably this week) and start on it...although the F@H website does not have an Intel version yet.
I'm excited to get my MacBook Pro (probably this week) and start on it...although the F@H website does not have an Intel version yet.
TheXFactor
Apr 19, 10:45 AM
EDU discount gets you AC for $183.
sparkleytone
Sep 12, 12:58 PM
actually i believe it was macrumors that had the news of the latest g4 out first...BUT...the people who continue to give these forums a newfound bad name drove him off and flamed the hell out of him. wtg mr members.......
Ommid
Apr 22, 01:13 PM
I too have been considering OWC but surely their RAM is just a relabel of another brand?
more...
scem0
Mar 11, 01:20 AM
trying to think of how they could incorperate that into the next
;):D
;):D
mkrishnan
Dec 22, 02:27 PM
That Millenium Falcon case is the bomb. :)
I don't really understand the co-location services though... I have a hard time seeing why anyone would want to do that, vs. buying real server services...also it's sort of like a kennel for Mac Minis...*sob* I think I would miss my lil' guy something fierce! :(
I don't really understand the co-location services though... I have a hard time seeing why anyone would want to do that, vs. buying real server services...also it's sort of like a kennel for Mac Minis...*sob* I think I would miss my lil' guy something fierce! :(
more...
iphoner2010
Jun 19, 10:08 AM
showed up at 8. not many in line. the one lady in the orange said that I couldn't get it because I wasn't the primary account name (even though the primary doesn't even use AT&T, it's my dad and he just gets the bill), so I called AT&T and they told apple that they had to sell me one because I am authorized on the account. Everything else went smoothly. I thought that the Starbucks Coffee and water were nice touches for those who had to wait forever outside. I ended up waiting about 1 hr which I didn't think was terrible.
however, I was angered at the fact that I brought my apple in-ear headphones in to get replaced because they stopped working after day 4 of having them (I didn't damage them) and they said, "we don't care about that right now...you'll have to come back after tomorrow." I understand that they are busy, but A) they sold me a faulty product that I want replaced B) I'm a valuable customer C) It's a huge inconvenience for me to return to Easton to take care of it.
:apple:
however, I was angered at the fact that I brought my apple in-ear headphones in to get replaced because they stopped working after day 4 of having them (I didn't damage them) and they said, "we don't care about that right now...you'll have to come back after tomorrow." I understand that they are busy, but A) they sold me a faulty product that I want replaced B) I'm a valuable customer C) It's a huge inconvenience for me to return to Easton to take care of it.
:apple:
samdweck
Oct 6, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Spock
I remember once all I said in a post was "Yes" and I could not sleep for day's
is posting things that are about two or three sentences and not COMPLETELY relative to the topic spam? i hope not... b/c i try my best to make my posts sensibel!
I remember once all I said in a post was "Yes" and I could not sleep for day's
is posting things that are about two or three sentences and not COMPLETELY relative to the topic spam? i hope not... b/c i try my best to make my posts sensibel!
more...
mjstew33
Dec 21, 09:01 PM
http://www.danaquarium.com/galleryalbums/macoddities/pbfire2.jpg
How old is your PB - there was a battery recall.
Oh wow. Your real supportive of the situation :rolleyes: :p
How old is your PB - there was a battery recall.
Oh wow. Your real supportive of the situation :rolleyes: :p
adouglas2001
Jan 17, 12:54 PM
Dorkiest.
Product.
Ever.
Should be called the iDoofus.
Product.
Ever.
Should be called the iDoofus.
more...
Consultant
Apr 11, 04:33 PM
no read what I was saying. I am not going to go with the standard MS is coping Apple crap that will be coming flying soon.
Hell Apple coping the flash game lay out more proves that the simple lay out used is kind of a standard long before Apple used it. It was shutting down the standard argument MS is coping.
BTW I would not even say Apple is really copy any one. It is just a simple layout and lets face it there are only so many ways to do that layout.
So flash games call themselves the flash App Store before? :rolleyes:
Oh wait, Flash games are basically copying the Mac OS icons and grids.
Hell Apple coping the flash game lay out more proves that the simple lay out used is kind of a standard long before Apple used it. It was shutting down the standard argument MS is coping.
BTW I would not even say Apple is really copy any one. It is just a simple layout and lets face it there are only so many ways to do that layout.
So flash games call themselves the flash App Store before? :rolleyes:
Oh wait, Flash games are basically copying the Mac OS icons and grids.
blackburn
Apr 22, 08:53 AM
Haha luckily for you (and I as well) they do, for free, with no questions asked. This is widely known that the polycarbonate Macs crack around the area near the bottom of the screen (plastic) and at the palm rest around the corners.
Just call ahead, make sure they have the part in stock (tell them that it's cracked and ask if they can fix it in house) and if so, head over there, drop it off, find something to do, and come back later that day and pick it up :)
The bottom palm rest of my blackbook is cracked and I'm planning on going to the nearest Apple store as soon as I get off for the summer to get it fixed.
Yeah but her model is an unibody one, it shouldn't be breaking since there is nothing slamming at it every time you close the lid.
It has happened before and apple replaced it for free (under warranty). Mine has nothing of those cracks but the top part is new (faulty lcd, replaced for free).
Just call ahead, make sure they have the part in stock (tell them that it's cracked and ask if they can fix it in house) and if so, head over there, drop it off, find something to do, and come back later that day and pick it up :)
The bottom palm rest of my blackbook is cracked and I'm planning on going to the nearest Apple store as soon as I get off for the summer to get it fixed.
Yeah but her model is an unibody one, it shouldn't be breaking since there is nothing slamming at it every time you close the lid.
It has happened before and apple replaced it for free (under warranty). Mine has nothing of those cracks but the top part is new (faulty lcd, replaced for free).
more...
thejadedmonkey
Jan 9, 12:36 PM
According to the text...
9:18 am we're only talking about the mac today
I'm guessing that is supposed to be "NOT talking about the mac today"...
I wondered about that too, but ars also had that...
9:18 am we're only talking about the mac today
I'm guessing that is supposed to be "NOT talking about the mac today"...
I wondered about that too, but ars also had that...
TheSideshow
May 4, 12:08 AM
Look up MAC Defender.
more...
lsvtecjohn3
May 3, 12:44 AM
I wouldn't say I abandoned my point and shoot but I do use it a lot less. The iPhone 4 camera is really good for a phone camera, but IMO it's doesn't take as well of pictures as a point and shoot.
prplhaze
May 4, 03:31 PM
Last time I jailbrok was my 3G, Now I have an i4 with 4.3.2 and when they went untethered recently I jailbroke.
I havent used many themes long enough to be sure, so this might just be the theme I'm using. However with the Aquarium theme, and I suspect many others, every day I get several banner ads that pop up in the background, behind the icons.
What the heck is the deal with that? I don't need what should be a static background image pulling web content to serve me up ads.
Is this a thing the developer of the theme controls, is it a consequence of having the jailbreak, or something else?
More importantly how do I turn it off.
I searched the forum but could not find a thread that covered this.
I havent used many themes long enough to be sure, so this might just be the theme I'm using. However with the Aquarium theme, and I suspect many others, every day I get several banner ads that pop up in the background, behind the icons.
What the heck is the deal with that? I don't need what should be a static background image pulling web content to serve me up ads.
Is this a thing the developer of the theme controls, is it a consequence of having the jailbreak, or something else?
More importantly how do I turn it off.
I searched the forum but could not find a thread that covered this.
more...
Ikash
Jul 2, 01:54 PM
well i've used windows computers all my life. i remember when i was litte i was amazed at what a computer could do like GAMES!! ha i've grown up on a windows computer, and didn't think windows was that bad. remember i was little. after years of Updating drivers then OOPS its crashes and the updates are ready, ready to do what screw up my computer make it crash and burn and have to talk to tech support for 6 hours.. there hasn't been a year where i haven't had to reinstall windows atlesat 20 times like last week my computer lost all my cd drive drivers so how could i reinstall without a cd i did the restore point thing and that fixed it.The first year i moved here i got a comptuer for a Xmas Presant. can't kick a gift horse in the mouth but this compter i so called go, was a Systemax you know that company the ones they sell at 3 in the morning on the home shopping network and the guys like look it can play movies and you can type AHHH well the story goes i got the computer and the video card was lose so on Xmas day my computer crashed and Burned. the whole thing got friend cuz it was lose i had to get rid of it quick so i gutted it and rebuilt it myself . i do residental and hotel network support and having to reinstall drivers or update stuff is a regular thing to me but i never knew it wasn't very nessisary with a mac well you have update but it won't mess it up.i moved to arkansas 4 years ago and i had never used a mac product. untill my friend Ijon let me use his. he told me that it doesn't freeze, doesn't crash (sound Familar) i was amazed. right then i fell in love with macs the design the way they run it was great he also told me that if it does happen to mess up you can reinstall and all your data will stay on the comp it will just reinstall the main sys files and stuff. My first apple product was a NEW 15GB Ipod i bought this year i also have a Ipod t-shirt and poster. pretty good for a starter . I think it was one of the best investments i have ever made. i am wanting to buy a new 15" powerbook but i hear there updating them really soon so the waiting, its killing me.
NO MORE CRASHING AND .DLL DUM WINDOWS PROBLEMS FOR ME.
as soon as i get my powerbook the windows pc's going on the bench or just for games.
NO MORE CRASHING AND .DLL DUM WINDOWS PROBLEMS FOR ME.
as soon as i get my powerbook the windows pc's going on the bench or just for games.
Socratic
Apr 24, 08:39 PM
Hey I'm looking into buying a preferably new Macbook or Macbook Pro. I need one soon as I'm moving out for my freshman year of college. The two things I'm mainly concerned about is 500+GB, and 4GB Processor. I was wondering what might be some good places to begin looking for the right laptop.
If buying new, from apple.com with the edu discount, or an apple store with the edu discount...
If buying new, from apple.com with the edu discount, or an apple store with the edu discount...
Sun Baked
Dec 22, 09:09 AM
Seems there are many good remarks about it on the SpyMac forum
http://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=54316
Sort of interesting to see a couple...
http://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=54316
Sort of interesting to see a couple...
Danzsupreme
Sep 22, 02:39 PM
Just a note, some cameras will work some wont. I'd definitely check out ichatusb. It has a free trial, so you dont have to buy if it doesnt work.
Yes but i want it to work so bad :eek: There has to be someway to make it work and my digital camera has an mpeg record function.
Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight
Yes but i want it to work so bad :eek: There has to be someway to make it work and my digital camera has an mpeg record function.
Help i paid $300 bucks for this camrea i doont want to have to spend on isight
Scippy
Apr 12, 09:04 PM
I'd so take one of those over an iPad, any day. :)
racedude
May 1, 09:40 PM
I have the Incase snap and I love it. The rubber/hard case material is enough to have a nice grip, and it won't slide, but I have no problems taking it out of a pocket. It's the same satin material as the Speck Satin cases for my MacBook Pro for example. I love how it doesn't cover too much of the phone, but leaves it protected. Would definitely recommend it, as it protects enough of the phone, but doesn't take away from the beauty of it.
Cloudane
Jan 15, 08:14 AM
Cool. I thought it was 6 last time??
Maybe the spoiler free thing will be up by 9-9.30 then :)
Maybe the spoiler free thing will be up by 9-9.30 then :)
patrick0brien
Jul 3, 04:54 PM
-crenz, jayscheuerle
It occurs to me that I see all kinds of threads about 'hackin' or upgrading a Mac that is 8 or more years old so that it can run with the latest software.
It's interesting because these machines are still working well enough to want to do this to.
How many threads do you see about PC users wishing to do the same?
Food for thought.
It occurs to me that I see all kinds of threads about 'hackin' or upgrading a Mac that is 8 or more years old so that it can run with the latest software.
It's interesting because these machines are still working well enough to want to do this to.
How many threads do you see about PC users wishing to do the same?
Food for thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment