Humhongekamyab
08-25 02:48 PM
Let it be 5000 min/pm. Still, 5000 min/month give about 2.7 hours per day. Talking 2.7 hours to India per 24 hours is unusual for many. I don't even get 30 minutes to talk. Even if we want to talk 2.7 hours you will be distrbing people in India, as they may be watching cricket or Tv serials.:)
Any way, this pan is simply superb compare to the situation before 10 years. Compare to many phone providers/cable compaines, vonage customer service is simply great, at least in my experience.
Ok...the way I see this is 5000min/month at $25 (not adding taxes) is 5 cents a minutes...that is more than what I pay for my calling cards....bottom line....if your monthly calling bill is less than $ 25 there is no reason why you should get Vonage.
Any way, this pan is simply superb compare to the situation before 10 years. Compare to many phone providers/cable compaines, vonage customer service is simply great, at least in my experience.
Ok...the way I see this is 5000min/month at $25 (not adding taxes) is 5 cents a minutes...that is more than what I pay for my calling cards....bottom line....if your monthly calling bill is less than $ 25 there is no reason why you should get Vonage.
wallpaper pictures War of the Worlds
ski_dude12
09-28 12:26 PM
We have plans of visiting Canada in November. My card had a data entry error because of which I have to apply for a replacement card. It can take 3 months for that.
As I have no other proof of permanent residency (as I have to return the card with error), alternative is to get the I-551 stamp on the passport that is valid for 1 year. It works as a short term replacement of the acutal card.
What is this I-551 stamp ? Is stamping that mandatory ? What kind of documents do you need while you go for this stamping ?
If one does not plan on travelling until we receive the physical Green Card - would we still have to do this stamping ?
As I have no other proof of permanent residency (as I have to return the card with error), alternative is to get the I-551 stamp on the passport that is valid for 1 year. It works as a short term replacement of the acutal card.
What is this I-551 stamp ? Is stamping that mandatory ? What kind of documents do you need while you go for this stamping ?
If one does not plan on travelling until we receive the physical Green Card - would we still have to do this stamping ?
santb1975
01-09 03:22 AM
We have to work diligently on this Action Item
2011 war of the worlds tripod
jsb
09-24 03:12 PM
.....
I hope our patience pays off and they rewsrd it with giving the GC straightaway;).....wishful thinking.....
It is possible and most efficient. Do everything at once. Best wishes.
I hope our patience pays off and they rewsrd it with giving the GC straightaway;).....wishful thinking.....
It is possible and most efficient. Do everything at once. Best wishes.
more...
badluck
06-26 02:51 PM
after getting Advance parole, what happened to I-94 when we use our travel document?
immi_twinges
07-14 06:44 PM
Sometimes I wonder how these bozos get elected to office. These congressmen who misread the law, how can they get away with making such false statements over mainstream national media ? What is particularly appalling is , why haven't we heard any outbursts from media or other government quarters challenging his statements. What a mess...
We should not let go of this.
Being a congressman he should not misuse his first amendment to utter false statements.
Dear congressman...i pity your lack of knowledge on H1B program and USCIS policies... We can help you understand better....Please do not make a fool out of your self.... I hope people do not look at you as a moron...and we wish you all the best in your political career.
We should not let go of this.
Being a congressman he should not misuse his first amendment to utter false statements.
Dear congressman...i pity your lack of knowledge on H1B program and USCIS policies... We can help you understand better....Please do not make a fool out of your self.... I hope people do not look at you as a moron...and we wish you all the best in your political career.
more...
Hunter
05-11 12:20 AM
Oh there is no corruption in western democracies. :) LOL
Iraq war had no corruption
Halliburton deal had no corruption,
AIG had no corruption, BOA , Citi had no corruption.
Lobbying had no corruption
The texas cops who took money were not corrupt.
Abu Ghraib was very morally correct.
Blackwater was a very level headed company.
Did all this happen in some communist eastern state?
Hey Moro1n, the difference is, most americans agree that things are going wrong. We don't whitewash what happened unlike what your compatriots are trying to do here, when someone brings up corruption in India. I cited surveys by international agencies that make comparisons that consider a number of factors, not by anecdotal evidence based on a few high profile news stories.
Wasn't most of these corruption stories broken and pursued by american media itself? Didn't republicans lose power in 2006/2008 elections?
Iraq war had no corruption
Halliburton deal had no corruption,
AIG had no corruption, BOA , Citi had no corruption.
Lobbying had no corruption
The texas cops who took money were not corrupt.
Abu Ghraib was very morally correct.
Blackwater was a very level headed company.
Did all this happen in some communist eastern state?
Hey Moro1n, the difference is, most americans agree that things are going wrong. We don't whitewash what happened unlike what your compatriots are trying to do here, when someone brings up corruption in India. I cited surveys by international agencies that make comparisons that consider a number of factors, not by anecdotal evidence based on a few high profile news stories.
Wasn't most of these corruption stories broken and pursued by american media itself? Didn't republicans lose power in 2006/2008 elections?
2010 tripods and aircraft.
puddonhead
10-09 03:22 PM
Yeah, am using a cordless phone. I dont remember but even with corded phone I guess I had this issue. And the cordless phone is DECT 6 phone which shouldn't interfere with the wireless connection that is at a different frequency.
And what alternatives do you feel could solve this problem?
If you are using a cordless phone - use 5.8 GHz. The lower frequencies interfare with other wireless devices.
TryThis deal starting from Oct 11th (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/957955), or maybe this one if you are lucky (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/957963/)...
And what alternatives do you feel could solve this problem?
If you are using a cordless phone - use 5.8 GHz. The lower frequencies interfare with other wireless devices.
TryThis deal starting from Oct 11th (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/957955), or maybe this one if you are lucky (http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/957963/)...
more...
srikondoji
07-10 01:34 PM
Smitha,
First, questions to you: What makes you visit this website silently?
Why do you even bother reading updates about ongoing GC issues?
You very well know that GC comes when the time is ripe, so you should really enjoy your sweet time instead of lurking on these forums.
Response to your meaningless and backward looking post: Iam glad you were not born during our independence days. Otherwise, you would have said the following (rephrased your post):eek:
"
I am a silent citizen of this country (read India).
Just my 2 paise... Don't think UK is like India where you can do something forcefully. Why don't you guys understand the real problem of British.
Do you think that by performing salt satyagraha you can win over britishers and get Independence????
Please try to understand their problem.
Also UK is the great. Why don't you guys just think that UK is your home country where you can emmigrate and brought up. Why you people can't just wait and watch?? If nothing happens to the so called Independence, then why don't you think to pack up and get out of India???????
My sincere request, please don't do strikes, quit India movements, satyagrahas, you might be arrested......you never know what they can do..... Don't you think that, it is better to go to UK rather than being embarrassed here in India???
Isn't it a shame on us to go for Rally to get Independence?????:D
Just think that you will get it when time comes, otherwise quit India.
Please don't take much tension as life is very short. I am assuring you all, nothing will happen with freedom struggle and strikes.Don't irritate UK by doing all this please.
Born in India
BD-1975-May
Would like to emmigrate to any country where i can enjoy without a fight.
"
Hello all
I am a silent visitor of this website.
Just my 2 cents... Don't think USA is like India where you can do something forcefully. Why don't you guys understand the real problem of USCIS.
Do you think that by sending flower to USCIS will force them to make EB2/EB3 current for 2005/2006/2007 guys??
Please try to understand their problem.
Also India is the great. Why don't you guys just think that India is your home country where you are born and brought up. Why you people can't just wait and watch?? If nothing happens to the so called GC, then why don't you think to pack up and go back to India???????
My sincere request, please don't do rally, you might be arrested......you never know what they can do..... Don't you think that, it is better to go back to India rather than being embarrassed here in US???
Isn't it a shame on us to go for Rally to get GC?????:D
Just think that you will get it when time comes, otherwise pack up.
Please don't take much tension as life is very short. I am assuring you all, nothing will happen with law suit and flower campaign.Don't irritate USCIS by doing all this please.
EB2 India
PD-2005-May
I140 approved-Sept 2006
First, questions to you: What makes you visit this website silently?
Why do you even bother reading updates about ongoing GC issues?
You very well know that GC comes when the time is ripe, so you should really enjoy your sweet time instead of lurking on these forums.
Response to your meaningless and backward looking post: Iam glad you were not born during our independence days. Otherwise, you would have said the following (rephrased your post):eek:
"
I am a silent citizen of this country (read India).
Just my 2 paise... Don't think UK is like India where you can do something forcefully. Why don't you guys understand the real problem of British.
Do you think that by performing salt satyagraha you can win over britishers and get Independence????
Please try to understand their problem.
Also UK is the great. Why don't you guys just think that UK is your home country where you can emmigrate and brought up. Why you people can't just wait and watch?? If nothing happens to the so called Independence, then why don't you think to pack up and get out of India???????
My sincere request, please don't do strikes, quit India movements, satyagrahas, you might be arrested......you never know what they can do..... Don't you think that, it is better to go to UK rather than being embarrassed here in India???
Isn't it a shame on us to go for Rally to get Independence?????:D
Just think that you will get it when time comes, otherwise quit India.
Please don't take much tension as life is very short. I am assuring you all, nothing will happen with freedom struggle and strikes.Don't irritate UK by doing all this please.
Born in India
BD-1975-May
Would like to emmigrate to any country where i can enjoy without a fight.
"
Hello all
I am a silent visitor of this website.
Just my 2 cents... Don't think USA is like India where you can do something forcefully. Why don't you guys understand the real problem of USCIS.
Do you think that by sending flower to USCIS will force them to make EB2/EB3 current for 2005/2006/2007 guys??
Please try to understand their problem.
Also India is the great. Why don't you guys just think that India is your home country where you are born and brought up. Why you people can't just wait and watch?? If nothing happens to the so called GC, then why don't you think to pack up and go back to India???????
My sincere request, please don't do rally, you might be arrested......you never know what they can do..... Don't you think that, it is better to go back to India rather than being embarrassed here in US???
Isn't it a shame on us to go for Rally to get GC?????:D
Just think that you will get it when time comes, otherwise pack up.
Please don't take much tension as life is very short. I am assuring you all, nothing will happen with law suit and flower campaign.Don't irritate USCIS by doing all this please.
EB2 India
PD-2005-May
I140 approved-Sept 2006
hair war of the worlds tripod.
va_dude
08-25 02:22 PM
Vonage does work with a home security system, but they do no recommend using it for that purpose because then your security system is dependent on the internet to make the call out during an emergency.
more...
ski_dude12
09-22 08:56 PM
Congrats!
Did you directly get card production ordered or approval then CPO?
Got RFE (sept 10, 2010). was working on RFE (medical report needed)..
Today I spent around $300 to start medical exam report. I've to still to do lab work and may need x-ray. I was working with my swollen arm and got this message..
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production On September 22, 2010 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
-----
Now I have to wait.. I will skip tomorrow's lab :confused: and talk to my attorney. Confused yet happy
Did you directly get card production ordered or approval then CPO?
Got RFE (sept 10, 2010). was working on RFE (medical report needed)..
Today I spent around $300 to start medical exam report. I've to still to do lab work and may need x-ray. I was working with my swollen arm and got this message..
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production On September 22, 2010 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
-----
Now I have to wait.. I will skip tomorrow's lab :confused: and talk to my attorney. Confused yet happy
hot war of the worlds tripod.
legal_la
06-20 07:57 PM
My lawyer's office is saying that Non Immigrant Visa number is Control number, but what I heard and looking at different websites including here, I think it is the red number not control number.
Is there a place I can verify this? What is effect on the application if they put control number? will that affect processing of my application in any way ?
Is there a place I can verify this? What is effect on the application if they put control number? will that affect processing of my application in any way ?
more...
house War of the Worlds Tripod
indigokiwi
04-01 11:01 AM
Folks, we've still got a long way to go to reach our contribution target for Advocacy Days and hardly any time left. $50 or a $100 is what you might spend on a few nights out. I'm sure spending on this is much more important to you. Let's everyone pitch in and help ourselves out here.
And thank you to the many members on this thread who have already contributed.
And thank you to the many members on this thread who have already contributed.
tattoo War of the Worlds,
sgupta33
01-11 01:46 PM
-----
more...
pictures hot War of the Worlds Tripod

rangaswamy
03-31 06:51 PM
On an unrelated note, is there anything to gain from writing to congressmen and asking them to check on the case when it is current?
What do you state in the letter while requesting them to check with USCIS? I remember some folks did write to their congressmen last year around June/july when they were current.
What do you state in the letter while requesting them to check with USCIS? I remember some folks did write to their congressmen last year around June/july when they were current.
dresses 2011 War of the Worlds Tripod
chanduv23
04-24 02:44 PM
They refer to ads on Sulekha and other similar portals
On another note - consulting companies will workaround by creating multiple companies and applying h1b through various companies
On another note - consulting companies will workaround by creating multiple companies and applying h1b through various companies
more...
makeup Alien tripod illustration from
gclife
06-29 07:29 PM
Did AILA screwed up the party of many july filers by sending this memo http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/aila-cis-vb.pdf to uscis which scared them and prompting them to come up with the legal proof revised bulletin causing this whole mess. Should AILA had waited until july , then we would probably have a strong legal ground to fight against the uscis ??
girlfriend war of the worlds tripod
ilwaiting
06-29 06:16 PM
Man this is Federal government dude and more over part of DHS. This is not a privately owned corrupted company where they can dick around with people.
This is nothing new, things like this happen in almost all parts of the world. Remember Enron, one fine morning thousands of people found that their life savings or retirment savings got wiped out clean with nothing to fall back on. Same could be said of about a lot of dot com millionaires. Life is very very unfair, what other explanation do we have other than that.
This is nothing new, things like this happen in almost all parts of the world. Remember Enron, one fine morning thousands of people found that their life savings or retirment savings got wiped out clean with nothing to fall back on. Same could be said of about a lot of dot com millionaires. Life is very very unfair, what other explanation do we have other than that.
hairstyles War of the Worlds tripod
mdy_tvr
05-07 04:45 PM
Guys,
My current situation is that my wife and I applied for 485 separately.
my wife's PD is 2007 ( 485 applied in Aug 2007 )
I applied for 485 in Oct 2007, Since my PD is 2003 and is current as of now ( my 140 is pending ), I talked with our companys lawyer on what options do I have with regards to my wife's 485.
My lawyer suggested 2 options.
1. File 485 again for my wife as a spouse derivative. As per lawyer, this is very common and has experienced with these kind of situations.
2. Instead of filing a second 485 for my wife, just write a request letter to move her pending 485 to my 485 as a derivative. If this porting is successful, she cannot move back to her own 485.
I know some of us have gone with option#(1), but since option(2) involves very less paper work, did any of you have used this option so far?
I am confused as to which one to choose. My lawyer spelled diplomatic when asked about which option is better/safer:-)
Thanks
mdy_tvr
My current situation is that my wife and I applied for 485 separately.
my wife's PD is 2007 ( 485 applied in Aug 2007 )
I applied for 485 in Oct 2007, Since my PD is 2003 and is current as of now ( my 140 is pending ), I talked with our companys lawyer on what options do I have with regards to my wife's 485.
My lawyer suggested 2 options.
1. File 485 again for my wife as a spouse derivative. As per lawyer, this is very common and has experienced with these kind of situations.
2. Instead of filing a second 485 for my wife, just write a request letter to move her pending 485 to my 485 as a derivative. If this porting is successful, she cannot move back to her own 485.
I know some of us have gone with option#(1), but since option(2) involves very less paper work, did any of you have used this option so far?
I am confused as to which one to choose. My lawyer spelled diplomatic when asked about which option is better/safer:-)
Thanks
mdy_tvr
gc_vbin
04-05 04:59 PM
All the IV admin members and coordinators are really busy with the advocacy days at DC.
You might have to wait for a few more days to be given access.
I am a subscribed member to IV since last Fri but still can't access the donor forum..somebody help..
You might have to wait for a few more days to be given access.
I am a subscribed member to IV since last Fri but still can't access the donor forum..somebody help..
kaisersose
03-26 12:52 PM
I had a reqruiter discussing a great job opportunity and finally when it came to the status thing, it was my mistake, i said "I have EAD". She said "That's fine" and never got back to me, she said she will be in touch via email but never did that.
So this is a pattern now.
Reqruiters and HR know they can say "Sorry we do not sponser visas" so they say it without any issue but not EAD.
I am just baffled as to why are some people so fussy about EAD. Isn't EAD holders a piece of cake for the company? People with skills and eligible to work for any employer????
I am sure the hiring managers would love to bring good people on board. But unfortunately, these reqruiters and HR are creating the mess.
Looks like for reqruiters, they think they can just apply the filter to lessen their burden on collecting resumes.
The problem here is, she may not have responded back for some other reason. We cannot assume the EAD is always the reason. We cannot know unless they explicity say so, as I experienced yesterday.
My wife had her resume on monster under the GC cateogry (they do not have an EAD category as far as I know). She was interviewed and selected and when submitting her I-9, she put in her EAD details and attached a copy. No one raised a hoot at any point.
There are only some sections rejecting EADs either because of ignorance or due to the additional work required in screening EAD candidates as the recruiter explained to me.
It may also be a good idea for people who recently had success with EADs to post their cases here or people will begin to get anxious about their work status as no one really knows how long they will be stuck with EADs.
So this is a pattern now.
Reqruiters and HR know they can say "Sorry we do not sponser visas" so they say it without any issue but not EAD.
I am just baffled as to why are some people so fussy about EAD. Isn't EAD holders a piece of cake for the company? People with skills and eligible to work for any employer????
I am sure the hiring managers would love to bring good people on board. But unfortunately, these reqruiters and HR are creating the mess.
Looks like for reqruiters, they think they can just apply the filter to lessen their burden on collecting resumes.
The problem here is, she may not have responded back for some other reason. We cannot assume the EAD is always the reason. We cannot know unless they explicity say so, as I experienced yesterday.
My wife had her resume on monster under the GC cateogry (they do not have an EAD category as far as I know). She was interviewed and selected and when submitting her I-9, she put in her EAD details and attached a copy. No one raised a hoot at any point.
There are only some sections rejecting EADs either because of ignorance or due to the additional work required in screening EAD candidates as the recruiter explained to me.
It may also be a good idea for people who recently had success with EADs to post their cases here or people will begin to get anxious about their work status as no one really knows how long they will be stuck with EADs.
No comments:
Post a Comment